The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
The San Angelo Chapter will host the 82nd NAACP State Conference Convention, October 3-5, 2019. More details coming soon!
The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.
The local chapter embraces a new vision for 2019-2020. We are "Shifting!" to increase membership and expand our reach into the community to support the national and state initiatives. We support the national objectives with a local point of view and strategy that meets the needs of the community we serve.
Our local chapter is guided by the rules and policies of the national association, which authorizes an Executive Committee to manage the routine business of the local chapter.
The following statement of objectives is found on the first page of the NAACP Constitution – the principal objectives of the Association shall be:
- To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP’s Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.
San Angelo NAACP Unit 6219 is a 501-c-4 organization supported primarily by funds generated from membership as well as corporate and individual contributions through fundraising events.
Monthly Membership Meetings
Membership meetings are held on the first Saturday of every month at 2 p.m. at the Ministerial Alliance of San Angelo Campus, located at 1100 Martin Luther King Boulevard.
For more information, contact us at:
Because we are a 501-c-4 organization, not all donations to our local unit are tax deductible. For more information, you may contact our President.
Please join us at our monthly meetings to become a member and get involved in issues impacting the San Angelo community.
For More Information
Please contact us for additional information about our organization.